Cojolt is a brand that helps businesses leverage the power of data to make informed decisions and improve their operations. The website is heavily content focussed with an extremely technical team. That is reflected in the technology stack. We build websites that are suitable and fit the use case for the teams that will be using them. Here, content updates are simply pushed to github, and the website will be rebuilt with the new content in about a minute.
The blog will be where the majority of the content is surfaced. The blog is created with markdown (mdx) with custom components that can be used. All of the content is stored on github along with in local copies so it's completely owned by Cojolt and not linked to any CMS.
It features automatic Table of content creation, which can be seen below. Images, authors etc. The blog has lots of detailed and lengthy posts so these are important features.
To keep the blog organised it has Categories and Tags, along with types of posts that will organise topics.
Light / Dark mode
Can you really do a website in 2023 without this for a tech audience? Instantly switch between light/dark mode. This is inherited from system preference as a default, so hopefully no switching needed!
Search Engine Optimisation
With the business heavily focussing on content generation to drive traffic. The website SEO is important. Making sure we give all information possible to search engines so the content can be discored.
- We have done all the necessary Heading tags, and made this part of the content to ensure the authors are making full use of this
- We have included Schema.org mark up on the articles
- Sitemap is regenerated with every blog post so that Google will find the article
- OG Meta tags are correctly in place on all posts
- We have linting in the articles to ensure all images are added with the correct alt tags
- Social sharing buttons on every article page
- Related posts and previous/next internal linking
- Plus much more!
The website is built with the following technology
- Astro (framework)
- Markdown (MDX)
- Tailwindcss - Styling